|Horiatiki Salad: Summer
From: Opa Opa Restaurant
5644 J Street
- 8 Roma Tomatoes, Cut and Quartered
- 4 Cucumbers Peeled, Seeded, Sliced in Half Moon Slices
- 1 Red Onion, Julienne Sliced
- 1 Cup Kalamata Greek Olives Pitted
- 10 Mint Lives Coarsely Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/8 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. The tomatoes are actually quartered and then cut in half.
2. The onion is sliced julienne style.
3. Cucumbers are seeded (the seeds make the salad bitter) and cut in half.
4. Chop 10 mint leaves coarsely.
5. Toss every ingredient in a large bowl, mixing all including the oil and vinegar (which is not pre mixed together).
6. Then salt and pepper to taste then mixed.
7. Place into serving bowl for guests.
8. Feta Cheese is added at the end by placing it on top of the finished salad in chunks.